New User's Guide to:
FullSpeed & Mozilla FireFox
When you install the FullSpeed Internet Accelerator, your Internet Explorer web browser is automatically configured for its use. If you use Mozilla FireFox as your web browser instead, our current version of FullSpeed does not automatically change the settings in your browser.
If you would like to use FireFox with FullSpeed, you will need to change your connection settings manually. Fortunately, this is a very easy process and we'll walk you right through it.
- Open Mozilla FireFox
- Open the Tools menu at the top of the browser.
- Select Options at the bottom of the Tools menu. The options window will appear, and should look something like this:
- Click Connection Settings in the lower right corner of the General options. This will open a new window.
- Enter the following settings:
- Select Manual proxy configuration
- Under HTTP Proxy enter 127.0.0.1
- To the right of HTTP Proxy, under Port, enter 5400
- Beneath the proxy settings, under No proxy for, enter localhost, 127.0.0.1
- Click Ok on both windows until you are back to the FireFox main browser window. Now, make sure that FullSpeed is running and try to open your favorite web page! The FullSpeed program should report that it has connected to the FullSpeed service, and your web pages will be loading faster than ever before.